Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Monday 28 November 2011

Kenny K's Challenge #71

Haven't had chance to enter KKKG challenge for a few weeks so thought I'd make an early start this week lol.The challenge was stitching, faux or real so I went for both!!
The background was created using the serif craft artist software. It has loads of embroidery brushes and I wanted to use them all! Maybe I went a bit ott but never mind. The colour scheme is one I haven't used much before but I really like it. I used Kittykatastrophe digistamp from KennyK and coloured her in with promarkers.
I added loads of bling using stickles and foils on her jewels but the pic doesn't do them justice!The sentiment was computer generated.
A wide ricrac was coloured with promarkers to match the colourscheme and I hand stitched it to the left hand side of the card using a herringbone stitch in silky machine embroidery thread. This stitch is ideal for stitching ricrac n gives a pretty finish.
I finished off with a huge bow recycled from a posh box of choccies and a vintage button off my mam which I attached using the machine embroidery thread to match the border.
Pleased with the overall look .... fits in with the girly 'best friend birthday' sentiment.

3 comments:

  1. I love how you stitched the ric rack! A fantastic job on the fun image! Thanks for joining us this week at KKKG's challenge and good luck! I hope we see your lovely work next week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Jayne, this is lovely Jayne, love your stitching too.
    Oh, and what you on about your blog not being very good, I think it's lovely, and I'm following you now too......lol.

    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fabulous! That is a great layout and design you've created and nice colouring. By the way, I love the look of your blog.
    Thanks for joining us at Kenny K's Krafty Girlz challenge, good luck and hope to see you next time too.
    Marilyn

    ReplyDelete