Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Wednesday 7 December 2011

Trying out My New Kanban Stamps

I ordered these stamps from Kanban and couldn't wait to try them out! Like most of us I often find it more difficult to make men's cards. I decided to make this card as part of my entry for the simply cards and papercraft magazine's cardmaker of the year competition.
I started off with the mannikin which I coloured with promarkers and cut out, finishing it off with gold foiling. This was layered onto a label-shaped piece of card that was embossed using a Tim Holtz embossing folder. I highlighted the embossing with copper versamark ink.
I stamped the clock, ticket and the cogs and cut them out , layering them onto the 'label'. The label was finished by setting a large eyelet at the top and tying a piece of garden twine through it. The card blank was created using an A4 piece of acetate, folded in half. I cut a piece of harlequin paper 7.5cm wide and stamped it with script. I cut it into 2 and rounded the corners. 6 eyelets were set into it and after adhering it across the card I laced it with twine. The Happy birthday tag was created using antique gold metal magic fromhttp://www.debbimoore.co.uk/. It's fab stuff and lets you make your own embellishments that really look like metal!
The finishing touches were added with some larger cogs which I stamped, cut out and arranged in the top right hand corner to balance out the design. Finally I adhered some paper from papermania to the inside of the card so it could be seen through the front of the card. Pleased with the results and won't be so 'shy' of making male's cards in the future. Really enjoyed playing with my new stamps!!!

4 comments:

  1. This a great card. I agree that masculine cards are a little harder to create but you hit this one right out of the part. TFS

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another beautiful card Jayne, love the colours
    Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, this is really cool. Great male card,

    Liz x

    ReplyDelete