Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Friday 31 August 2012

Texture

This card was created for a challenge set for an application for the DT @ Creative Expressions! I LOVE the Sam Poole stamps from Creative expressions and use them often so this was a perfect opportunity for me . :)
I started out with an A5 card blank made from silver mirricard and began on the background.I used white card for this and added green and blue distress inks as a base. I stuck mostly to green and blue, adding loads of different layers using spray inks, acrylic paint and stickles glitter glue.  Many of the layers were done using empty packaging as masks.... all circles! One of the last layers was gesso coloured with spray dye and scraped through sequin waste with a credit card. I then sprayed more inks to blend it in a little and finished it off with the 'ghosting' technique of water through a circle mask and dried off with paper towel! That was the messy part finished! Once dry I cut it to size and rounded all the corners of the card and background.
 I embossed a piece of mirricard with a Tim Holtz folder and only used small pieces to add texture without overpowering the rest of the card.

My main image is a Sam Poole stamp from Creative Expressions that I stamped onto book print and paper-pieced with patterned paper from papermania. I coloured the belt, shoes, figure and hair with promarkers and used stickles on the wings and pattern on the dress before adhering it to my card with sticky pads. The bird fom the same stamp set was stamped onto patterned paper and liquid pearls used for his eye.
 The sentiment from papermania was stamped, cut out and distressed with the same colours as the base and promarkers used with stickles to add a bit more texture and 'glitz'. I used 2 small bows to add the final touches and 'tied' it in using the same stickles I used on the sentiment. I had great fun creating this card.....love getting messy! Thanx for looking. Hugz, Jayne xxx

1 comment: