Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Tuesday 7 August 2012

What a Lovely Day !

I would like to say a big thankyou to Suzicraft in Stockton for a lovely day yesterday where I spent the whole afternoon chatting and crafting! Suzi n Tom were away at create and craft but Sue kept us supplied with teas n coffees and kept us entertained soooo thanx Sue xx
While I was there I managed to make these 2 cards, despite all the chatting I did lol.
I started with a man's card ,which I always seem to find tricky. The background was built up on white card using distress inks and the FAB FAB FAB Splodgeaway board. It makes blending and brayering inks sooooo much easier and gives a lovely smooooooooth finish as you can see from my card! I also used Splodgeaway steampunk masks which I love. Pop over to http://splodgeaway.blogspot.co.uk/ to see their great range of masks and the fab board.
 The main image was a stamp from kanban which I coloured with spectrum noir pens. I am used to working with promarkers but decided to try these instead..... lovely range of colours. The ticket stamp was from papermania and the cogs and the sentiment were from creative expressions.
 
My second card , again, has a very layered background using the splodgeaway mat and distress inks, this time producing a soft, dreamy quality. Again I used splodgeaway masks which you can see faintly in the background. I overstamped using the same distress inks and creative expressions stamps and also some stamps from 7 gypsies.
 The main image was created using a  creative expressions stamp and paper piecing technique. (I think the papers were from Wild Rose Studio)The large butterfly (creative expressions) and small butterflies( 7 gypsies) were stamped, cut out, decorated and adhered to the card to create more dimension.The sentiment is from creative expressionsas well.
 Had a FAB day and enjoyed making my cards. Hope you enjoy them too! Hugz, Jayne xx

2 comments:

  1. Love both these cards Jayne and look forward to seeing you again soon hugssssssssss xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. very nice, love the mans card x

    ReplyDelete