Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Wednesday 19 June 2013

Monochromatic Makes

Well Hello all. Couldn't sleep Again so I thought I'd use the time to catch up on my blog instead of recounting the huge flock of sheep I've spent the last week or so counting!!! lol.
I really like working in black n white at the moment and I made my latest card using the new love of my life - zentangle - well sort of - my version of it anyway!!!

My image is a Make it crafty digistamp called girl with locks. I love her - she's soooo sweet. The background was created using black distress ink and a splodgeaway mask. The ticket sentiment is from Kanban and the ribbon is from Debbi Moore. A bit of stickles finished it off.


A closer look at my image. I coloured her hair and skin with promarkers and 'tangled' her clothes and hair ribbon. As I'm only just starting out on the zentangle road they are only very simple tangles but I really enjoyed doing it - soooo relaxing- and they do look quite effective! I got so engrossed the time flew by. I was in a little world all of my own lol.


Sticking with the monochromatic theme my daughter informed me that my gorjus grandson, Kian, has grown out of all the jackets n cardis I crocheted him when he was born n asked me to get my hook out again. I bought this gorjus pattern off etsy and got cracking.I really enjoyed creating it as it was worked in 1 piece from the neck down and was interesting. Really pleased with how it's turned out n am now doing a beige n cream one the same !!!

Anyway I'm off to see if I can get some sleep! Thanx for stopping by n I would really appreciate any  feedback if you've got time.  Bye for now. Hugz, Jayne xxxxx


5 comments:

  1. Jayne you could of had Holly she was up as silly o clock trying to roll over lol. LOVE the zentangling on the stamp, what a great idea x

    ReplyDelete
  2. OMG this is just so beautiful, love the zentangle I just cant get the hang of it... rather than make a tile I think I should do something else lol, really love yours though xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jayne this card is amazing your Zentangle is fantastic and love the image
    Pam xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fab card Jayne that zentangle looks amazing on that image and love the cardigan for the babes lol huggles Thelma c u soon xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is gorgeous and so is this beautiful sweater. Your daughter is sooooo lucky!
    Sandy

    ReplyDelete