Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Monday 1 July 2013

Lavender Tag

Good morning everyone. A gorjus sunny start to the morning here- let's hope it stays that way! Hope it's nice wherever you are.
My latest work for Splodgeaway is featured on their blog today- project 'anything but a card' Pop over to their blog and take a look at what we've all been up to here.
tomorrow sees Tom n Hazel back on create and craft so tune in to see all the DT work and some fab new masks.
 Before I start I'd just like to say hello and welcome to my new followers. Thanx for joining n I hope you find some inspiration or at least enjoy seeing what I've been up to ! lol.
 Back to my project. I decided to do something with fabric for a change so used some raw silk to produce this lavender bag.

I used loads of spray dyes to colour the background in conjunction with various splodgeaway masks then added the silver swirl with silver fabric paint through another splodgeaway mask. When I stamped the bird so it looked like it was sat on the silver swirl it didn't show up very well so I embroidered around the outline with metallic floss and coloured it with inktense pencil. I overstamped it all with a text stamp to add more texture. An eyelet was added with various fibres then lace and a heart charm finished it off.

I added a dot of liquid pearls as my birdie needed an eye ! lol

Hope you like my latest offering. Have a good day wherever you are n whatever you're doing. Hugz, Jayne xxxxx

2 comments:

  1. Such a fabulous project, great idea. Xx Zoe xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I do like this.

    Moira xx

    ReplyDelete