Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Sunday 9 March 2014

All the way from Paris!

Good afternoon everyone and hope you're all enjoying a nice relaxing Sunday. I'm really busy today.... I've got a tutorial tomorrow for my professional studies so am spending the day trying to get all my work into some semblance of order ready! The living room floor is covered lol!
 
Today I'd like to share my embroidery samples with you all that went to Paris. The collection was designed for children's wear and was based on the song 'a windmill in old Amsterdam'
 My drawing sets included lots of mice, clogs, tulips and windmills and my colour scheme was reds and greys. I thought it would be fun to try and recreate fabrics like men's suiting to give it a different feel.








 
 
 
The samples were created on hand dyed fabrics using various methods and a variety of different embroidery techniques.
I was really pleased with the finished samples and really enjoyed working on them..... a huge change from my usual paper crafting work !!
Thanx for stopping by and enjoy the rest of your weekend. Hugz, Jayne xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment