Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Friday 22 June 2012

Happy Birthday to you !

Well  over at http://toffchallenge.blogspot.co.uk it's Octopode challenge blog's first birthday and the challenge was to create a birthday card. I used steampunk Violet and had fun colouring her with my promarkers. I absolutely LOVE Lily's images and her new steampunk ladies are absolutely FAB ! I couldn.t wait to get started and thought it would be fun to have Violet jumping out of a cake so thats what I did!
I cut out a 3 tier cake card blank (A bit of a mouthful lol) and decorated it with Wild Rose Studio papers. I defined the cake tiers with peeloff lace and added a 'starburst' to the top where Violet is emerging from the cake.

A close-up of the lovely Violet.

 I added 'Time to celebrate@ in my own writing and stamped 'happy birthday' 3 times across the bottom. I thought 'time to celebrate ' went well as Violet's hair is made up of lots of clock faces! Hope Lily likes her birthday card  :)

2 comments:

  1. Wonderful! What a fun idea! Who wouldn't want an Octopode jumping out of a cake for their birthday? I love the cake and the coloring on Violet is lovely. This piece makes me want to sing Happy Birthday and blow out candles :) Thanks for joining the party at TOFF!

    Amy*

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jayne this is beautiful, hope you are ok and hope to see you on the 21st

    Pam xxx

    ReplyDelete