Fave Quote Courtesy of Dyan Reavley Art from the Heart

Don't wait for the light at the end of the tunnel........ Stride on down and light the bloomin thing yourself!!

Monday 10 September 2012

An Odd Couple !! lol

The challenge this month @ http://stlukescharitycardschallenge.blogspot.co.uk/ is 'couples'. The card could be for any occasion as long as it featured a couple of some kind, human or animal !

Sorry for the rubbish pic but as I previously explained my camera is out of action. I had to scan this into my computer and so the bit that is a bit more raised (where the flowers are) is a bit blurry! Sorry but you get the general feel of it lol. It was only after I finished the card that I realised the couple is actually a cat and a dog !!!
  I started this card last week when I went to the Suzicraft coffee morning. My friend, Sue was 'playing' around with inks and masks and produced this great background but she wasn't sure what to use it for............... so I stole it  !!!!    Thanks Sue .    :)
I made a card blank with silver embossed mirricard and matted my stolen background onto it. The image was a stamp from ? buzzcraft?  I coloured it with distress inks and a waterbrush to watercolour, giving it a pretty, soft look. I only used milled lavender and black soot  so I didn't 'overdo' it.
I cut it out and mounted it onto a scrap of sparkly mirricard, fixing it to the card with foam pads.The bow was created using seam binding that I 'mopped' up the distress inks that were left on my splodgeaway mat after Sue did the background - A perfect match ! I tied a very loose bow and fixed it to the top left of my card.
  I used the sentiment that was with the image and stamped it directly onto the card, highlighting it top and bottom with liquid pearls in white. The flowers were cut with nestabillities 'bitty blossoms'. It was the first time I'd used these and I absolutely LOVE them..... so pretty.
      Take care and thanx for stopping by. Hugz, Jayne xxx
 

8 comments:

  1. Thats so pretty Jayne and I ADORE the background lmaoo huggles hun xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello
    Fabulous card.... Perfect for our Challenge at St.lukes this month... Thanks so much...
    Hugs Sylvie xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very nicecolaberation! Hey that could be a challenge, one crafter starts a project and another finishes!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Good idea sam ! Thanx sue n sylvia x x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I really like the background for your card - so pretty. The image is just so cute, and just right for our couples challenge. Thanks for playing along with St Luke's Charity Card Challenge!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super card and just right for our challenge at St Lukes. Thank you so much.
    Lynne xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a pretty card, I love the cute couple :0)
    Thanks for joining us at St Luke's this month :0)
    Jenny x

    ReplyDelete